I have been reading this old thread, and I have to agree with it to some degree.

Without the 1960s drug culture, Zen would never have gotten a foothold here in

It is very telling that the various Zen masters that are around are hardly more
than bullshit artists. I was reading some Brad Warner stuff, and this guy has
to be the epitome of bullshit.

So, while I believe that meditation is good, and I enjoy reading the old Zen
books, I think most of it is smoke and mirrors here in America.