Anthony Wu wrote:

Yes, the Satan you worship is your self. The better way is to have others
worship you. Either case, you cannot get rid of suffering, which is the
objective of Zen.

Anthony, I agree.  I also believe the (God, Buddha, Krishna, Ganeesh,
Empiricism, Fill-In-The Blank) you worship is your self also.  And as you
said in any case if you worship (or are even still are attached to) a self
you will have suffering.

I usually don't talk about zen having an 'objective', but I do believe
alleviation of suffering is the objective of Buddhism.  And as I've said
many times before talking about zen is virtually impossible, so using
Buddhist terms is normally okay with me.  When the self dissolves so does
suffering.

Happy New Year everyone!  .Bill!