Hi Frazier,

I am not sure you are making a statement or a question.  Allow me to respond as
follows.

It takes awareness of our five skadha to be detached from all forms.  This
awareness if a state of calmness without any effort.

Contentment is not satisfaction and not joy.  Contentment is a state of
want-nothing.  No different than the state of calmness and awareness.

There is no conflicting forces.  Because there is no force in being calm and
aware.  It is the state of mid-way. Or Ding in Chinese.

Only then we could be in sync with the universal wisdom and inline with all the
future "causes".

JMJM

Frazier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                               donald hwong
if we could put our best foot forward to let go our
 reaction to the effects of all existing forms, not be affected by it,
 just accept as is, we end our suffering.

 Putting our best foot forward (effort), and contentment are almost
 contrary motivations.

 It is difficult to be content and yet to care and to try?

and lay it on us.