From: "donald hwong" <> Contentment is not satisfaction and not joy.
Contentment is a state of want-nothing. >>if we could put our best foot
forward to let go our
>  reaction to the effects of all existing forms, not be affected by it,
>  just accept as is, we end our suffering.>>

If we want nothing, then why will we want to put our best foot forward? I
think if Buddhism had become the predominant religion of the world, we would
all be living in huts and caves right now.

That might not be a bad thing, but to some degree buddhism is demotivating
and defuses desire, ambition, determination, perseverence, and many other
qualities that are essential for success in society. Is Buddhism for people
who are vegetables, or is it just a tool to reduce stress?