Bill wrote:

>One of his students, Mahakashyapa, smiled indicating he had >‘received’
>Buddha’s teachings.  He became the first Patriarch of zen.

Jeff

Bill is like a prudent old grandpa who only offers you only one sweet knowing
full well that anymore will make your teeth fall out. But also he knows that if
you do your chores properly there's a whole candy store in the pantry waiting
for you. Shame on him, too! Also, don't bother asking Thich Nhat Hanh - why
don't you go straight to the top and ask the First Patriarch himself? Oops,
shame on me for telling you about the candy store. Mike.

 Sent from Yahoo! - a smarter inbox.