On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Al wrote:
> Nelson Mandela spent 24 years in prison for what he believed.

I am always uncomfortable when I hear this used as a postive example.

Mr. Mandela was imprisoned for a variety of violent crimes.  He admitted to
his acts of sabotage.  He was offered freedome on the condition that he
renounce violence, but he refused the offer.

I cannot see anything praise worthy in these actions.

If we are to speak of anti-apartheid leaders who inspired people in ways
which should be emulated, then we need to tell the story of Mkhuseli Jack.
Mr. Jack was a key leader in the peaceful boycotts and labor strikes which
brought down the oppressive government.

--
Mark Perew  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To the world you may be just one person,