Ew...there's something unsavory about getting a pickup line from someone in an email group, especially in the middle of a debate.
Cynth Bill Smart wrote: > > > MJMJ, > > Thanks for your thoughtful post. You documented many things about DL I > didn’t know – like his announcement that, as you wrote, “…he would not > be reincarnated”. > > What do you think he meant by that? > > Do you think he meant that he, as the personage of Dali Lama, would not > be reincarnated? > > Do you think that he meant that he himself would not be reincarnated? > If he meant this it would seem to go against Buddhist teachings. Zen > might allow for that if DL was fully enlightened and as a result no > longer subject to karma and the cycle of life and death. I don’t know > what the traditional Buddhist teaching is on that. > > I’d be interested in your thoughts on this. > > Oh yes, I almost forgot – are you married? Do you think we could meet > in a coffee shop somewhere to get to know each other better? I’m a > Capricorn. What’s your sign? > > Thanks…Bill! > > > > *From:* [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] *On > Behalf Of *Jue Miao Jing Ming - ???? > *Sent:* Saturday, February 16, 2008 8:19 AM > *To:* [email protected] > *Subject:* [Zen] D.L. Again > > > > What I have learned about Chan is to be synced with the life force and > wisdom at all time and be detached from all forms. Or in our every day > language, live with our best foot forward without expectation, agenda, > objective, etc. Based on this perspective, though still partial once > expressed in language ..... > > Dalai Lama was carried out to protect the linage. D.L was brought up to > lead, guide, broadcast, teach whatever he was capable of, educated with, > felt inside, or believed in strongly. > > Now that he is aging. His rinpoches are teaching world wide. He has > met every leader in the world that he could. He has also now realized > that his insistence that he will be reincarnated again will only divide > his people more. And even perhaps cause more suffering. He realized > also perhaps that his mission in this life is to bring Tibetanism to the > rest of the world instead of just in Tibet. As you know, he announced > that he will not be reincarnated again. > > I have thumb through a book published in Taiwan, by someone who > interviewed D.L extensively on this decision of his. It was complex, > forward looking, as well as spiritual with some political points of view. > > In all, what i have learned about D.L. was he did what he could at every > moment. That is in line what I have learned. > > I can not say that I am correct. I can only say, no one should make > quick judgment on anyone else. > > We are all here with a mission. Each of us is different. > > _/\_ > JM > > > > __________ NOD32 2880 (20080215) Information __________ > > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system. > http://www.eset.com <http://www.eset.com> > > Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are reading! Talk about it today! Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
