From: "Jue Miao Jing Ming" <> Lastly, if a gift would make you happy, I
could send your some, > This is one of the most fun Zen related list that I
have been on,
> nevertheless.

That is a very nice thought. I do not want a gift. I appreciate it. However,
what I meant is that on some lists the people have a sort of tradition of
giving. Perhaps it is a contest, like "What is the sound of one hand
clapping?" and then the winner or however you want to do it, gets a gift.

Then it goes on to someone else to give. If you have a few halfway decent
members who are not cheap bastards, it keeps on going all the time. This is
not every day, but usually every month or bi-monthly.

That is how it goes on groups that are really fun. If you are interested in
giving it a shot, maybe you can make up some criteria and give someone a
gift. It should not be expensive. On one list we give away used VHS movies.
Hardly worth much, but if you want to see a particular movie and someone
mails it to you for free, it is not a big deal and yet it is a nice gesture.
That only works if several people all have a sense of giving to others.
Expressing gratitude is a good thing.

I am game if you are. Then it is up to the rest of the group.

As far as your other observation regarding sick people is concerned, it is
very true. I work in a field where very combative and angry people tend to
coagulate in search of vengeance, justice, etc. I am very familiar with the
concept of "do as I say, not as I do" and the fact that many people seem to
think it is justice when their enemy or rival loses, but not when the truth
comes to the light of day. That is just the double-standard of hypocrisy
which is the norm for most people, especially if they think that they are
more intelligent, richer, or otherwise entitled.