From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Jue Miao Jing Ming
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 3:37 AM
To: zen_forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Zen] Intro

Perhaps it is time to outline how our practice is different, in case there
is anyone interested to learn.  I can answer private or public emails or
setup a Skype audio conference at a convenient time for all interested
parties together.
• We have three levels of practices.  One follows the other and no short
cut.
1. Sitting Chan - Fundamental Chi cultivation to connect 10 chakras through
3 Chi channels (like acupuncture).
2. Life Chan - Apply Chan concepts to everyday life. (Quite the same with
Japanese zen)
3. Heart Chan - witness the sutra and Tao-Te-Jing through spiritual
experience.
• It is free.  Most of our teachers are volunteers.  That includes me.
• If anyone benefited from our practice, can make a donation or teach
others, or both.
• Requires a dedicated daily practice of 20-30 minutes for 6-9 months to
learn and witness at the beginning.
• Chan is resulted by extracting the essence of Buddhism and Taoism in both
practice and concept.  Our Sitting Chan practice follows very closely to the
Taoist Acupuncture practice.  It is a lot of hard work.
• In 2-3 months, insomnia, midnight urination, allergy could be reduced.
6-9 months, high-blood pressure, gout, and other immune system related
discomfort can be reduced.
• It takes about 1 years to learn Sitting Chan. 3-4 years to master Sitting
Chan, connect with Life Chan, and start to experience Heart Chan.  These are
average time.  It varies from people to people.
• Chan is to let our body, mind and spirit be completely synced with the
universal life force and wisdom.  In Chinese, the word Chi or Qi means life
force, or air, or energy.  Sync our internal Chi with that of the universal
Chi. Without Chi, ask any China man, we die, flowers die, animals die, the
world dies.
• In 3-6 months, all practitioner shall witness something by oneself.
I apologize for this unorganized list.  I am trying to talk to both types of
readers - one who practices Zen  and one who reads Zen concepts.

Let me know if you have any questions.  Thank you for your patience.
JM