From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 11:01:58 PM
Subject: RE: [Zen] zazen

Sean,

I think the fundamental meditation practices of both zen and Vispassana
Buddhism are the same. There is a zen saying that when you're meditating
and thoughts appear, you should treat them like you would treat a visitor
knocking on your door while you are busy doing some important task. You
should answer the door and acknowledge the visitor, tell him that you are
busy right now but assure him that he is welcome to come back later - but
above all, no matter how tempting, you DO NOT invite them in for tea and
conversation...

...Bill!

.