Jeni Jeni,

One can be enlightened at any moment, in fact there is always enlightenment, its just a matter of realizing it, of admitting it. As I indicated in my previous response to you sexual energy is certainly chi and sex can certainly intensify one's chi. While orgasms are certainly beneficial on their own, even better is to use the sexual chi to purify the entire being by moving it through the energy body using techniques such as Tantra teach.

I'm glad you have brought up the subject of sex here as many Zen practitioners are rather prudish about sex. That is one major criticism I have of most Zen teaching which originates with the whole idea of celibate monks and nuns trying to ignore a natural part of their being. Most Zen sects consider sex a distraction at best, and for many it borders on the sinful. True Zen makes no such judgments however and accepts sex as part of life just like anything else, and uses it like everything else on the path to enlightenment.

Edgar