Bill,
Yes, I agree completely with your distinction. Interesting though
that you use the capitalization in exactly the opposite way as I tend
to. I'll have to re-evaluate the way I use my capitalization.
Generally I distinguish by using the terms true Zen vs zen sects.
Maybe I use the caps for true Zen because that's where the brightness
lies and you the small z to indicate it's nothing in particular?
Best,
Edgar
On Sep 11, 2008, at 9:00 AM, Bill Smart wrote:
Edgar,
I wholeheartedly agree with your comments about sex and zen, and in
fact think that applies to lots of other areas.
This is why I differentiate between Zen Buddhism (a religion) and zen
(what you have referred to as 'True Zen').
...Bill!
--- In [email protected], Edgar Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Jeni Jeni,
>
> One can be enlightened at any moment, in fact there is always
> enlightenment, its just a matter of realizing it, of admitting it.
As
> I indicated in my previous response to you sexual energy is
certainly
> chi and sex can certainly intensify one's chi. While orgasms are
> certainly beneficial on their own, even better is to use the
sexual
> chi to purify the entire being by moving it through the energy
body
> using techniques such as Tantra teach.
>
> I'm glad you have brought up the subject of sex here as many Zen
> practitioners are rather prudish about sex. That is one major
> criticism I have of most Zen teaching which originates with the
whole
> idea of celibate monks and nuns trying to ignore a natural part of
> their being. Most Zen sects consider sex a distraction at best,
and
> for many it borders on the sinful. True Zen makes no such
judgments
> however and accepts sex as part of life just like anything else,
and
> uses it like everything else on the path to enlightenment.
>
> Edgar
>
>
>
> On Sep 6, 2008, at 7:13 AM, Jeni Jeni wrote:
>
> > Pole dancing is very popular and I think you can really feel
your
> > Chi when you are grinding against a pole. The exercise is
intense.
> > Does orgasm count as a moment of enlightenment?
> >
> >
>