Edgar, I wholeheartedly agree with your comments about sex and zen, and in fact think that applies to lots of other areas.
This is why I differentiate between Zen Buddhism (a religion) and zen (what you have referred to as 'True Zen'). ...Bill! --- In [email protected], Edgar Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > Jeni Jeni, > > One can be enlightened at any moment, in fact there is always > enlightenment, its just a matter of realizing it, of admitting it. As > I indicated in my previous response to you sexual energy is certainly > chi and sex can certainly intensify one's chi. While orgasms are > certainly beneficial on their own, even better is to use the sexual > chi to purify the entire being by moving it through the energy body > using techniques such as Tantra teach. > > I'm glad you have brought up the subject of sex here as many Zen > practitioners are rather prudish about sex. That is one major > criticism I have of most Zen teaching which originates with the whole > idea of celibate monks and nuns trying to ignore a natural part of > their being. Most Zen sects consider sex a distraction at best, and > for many it borders on the sinful. True Zen makes no such judgments > however and accepts sex as part of life just like anything else, and > uses it like everything else on the path to enlightenment. > > Edgar > > > > On Sep 6, 2008, at 7:13 AM, Jeni Jeni wrote: > > > Pole dancing is very popular and I think you can really feel your > > Chi when you are grinding against a pole. The exercise is intense. > > Does orgasm count as a moment of enlightenment? > > > > > ------------------------------------ Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
