V,

Master Po lied! Or perhaps you are misinterpreting him...

In Zen there is no 'good' or 'evil', though there is the implicit assumption that when one is acting from enlightenment one will in general be doing things that the world would usually but not necessarily always call good. This is because one will be aware of the Buddha nature of all beings and act naturally compassionately towards them.

There is also the assumption that detached compassion tends to further the attainment of enlightenment, as it generates minimal attachments, attachments being impediments to enlightenment.

Edgar