Well put, SimiNotes, since words do not count, neither are the
following......  I love it...

Our school teaches everyone to cultivate the chi and the chakras.  In
Chinese, there is no word for "mind".  We have either heart or brain.
So, it is easy for us to say, let go of the brain and let the heart lead
the way.  That's all. There is no guide book and no sutra.

After years of staying in chi and fine-tunes it, practitioners each
witnesses different effects.  Then we utilized Buddhist or Taoist terms
to explain it.  In other words, experience first, descriptions later.
This is the key difference.  All experience from within are discussed
with more qualified teachers.  There is no rejection of any sort.

There are many different types of experience.  (Now we are getting into
the dangerous world of labels.)  Some may be labeled as physical or
health-related, some are mental related, some are supernatural, some are
spiritual.  In our school, we don't differentiate, or label, or reject
them, because almost all experiences have been experienced by someone in
our school.

As far, I am concern, please keep an open mind.....   For the last 9
years, I learn something new about myself almost every quarter.  Some
related to my body, some related to my brain, and some related to my
spirit.  I am 62, without any health issues, such as high-blood
pressure, high sugar, etc.  I am sort of in perfect health without
taking any medication or vitamins. Staying in the breath(or chi) 24/7,
enables me to stay awake.  Sometimes I still get excited, carried away,
lost myself.  Most of the time, I can live in the zone and accepting
almost everything that's happening without having any preference.
Sometimes, I can sense the discomfort of others, even in remote
location.  Sometimes, I can heal without realizing what I have done.
Sometimes, I know what will happen next.

What I have experienced about this journey is, I can gradually
synchronize with the universal life force.   And I become healthier,
wiser, happier and with abilities to help others.  And the best part is,
I witness that this connection is getting tighter and tighter.  Perhaps
someday I will be able to live within my Original Self permanently.
Yet, my teacher told me, "permanently" is an illusion.  We can drop out.

We don't use words such as Satori, or enlightenment.  They are not
important to us.  We stick firmed to the original practice of Chan.
That is truly without words or formalities.  Nothing but a chi based

I hope that I have answered your question.    And I thank you for the
opportunity for me to share.

Indeed, words don't count......