From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [Zen] Aging and Zen
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, 4 October, 2008, 12:38 PM

Anthony,

If you need a purpose to guide your actions, or you need a promise of reward or
threat of retribution to convince you not to kill, burn, steal, or rape, try
Christianity or one of the many other religions that provide you with an
external daddy that will tell you what to do and punish you if you don't.

If your request 'Please enlighten me.' was not just rhetorical, I suggest you
begin by giving zen mediation (zazen) a try. There are any number of web sites
which can instruct you one the basics, or better yet find a sangha (zen
community) near you that has a qualified teacher.

Good luck on your practice...Bill!