From: roloro1557 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, 6 October, 2008 13:58:16
Subject: Re: [Zen] -----<---@

Good Evening Mike,

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ps.com, mike brown <uerusuboyo@ ...> wrote:

> I'm glad you liked them :) I was hoping more people would also
> write a commentary to your poem rather than just say "I like
> it" - I think only Edgar commented. I remember that about 10
> months ago a number of us here had a discussion about haiku and
> the merits of poetry - it was a really worthwhile exercise trying
> to express our zen in this medium. I really do think that poetry
> can say more than essay writing. If you're reading R.H. Blyth then
> I'm willing to bet you agree. Mike.

I would welcome more comments :-) from anyone.

We had to write haiku in school, 6th or 7th grade I think. Poetry,
as they say nowdays, ROCKS! It's very suited to zen or zen is very
suited to it.

I would agree that poetry can say more than essay writing, unless
you're talking about someone very talented like Alan Watts. Some of
his essays set me reeling.

Actually, I'm re-reading Blythe (2nd time) because many of the people
in or forum seem to practice the Japanese form of Zen and I have
tended to concentrate on the Chinese form. And of course I really
enjoy Blyth.

Margie (roloro1557)