Dearest Mac A. Roni,

Thanks so much for your recent post.  It sent my heart a-twitter.  My

>So small children do not need to learn anything,
>it is their Buddha Nature?

CORRECT-a-mundo!  Just let children be children.

>Your other response seemed to be that people need to take
>their kids to religious schools so they can learn morality...

INCORRECT-a-mundo!  What I said was that zazen DOES NOT teach or reveal
morality.  And then I said religious schools (among other things) DO teach
morality.  So,  IF YOU WANT YOUR KID TO LEARN MORALITY (and that's entirely
up to you) and you're too lazy or feel inadequate to teach them yourself,
then you could send them to a religious school.  Same thing goes for
shooting a Glock.

>...and then take them to Zen later, after these kids are
>moral (because Zen is Amoral).

INCORRECT-a-mundo!  If they're small children you don't need to 'take them
to Zen' at all.  Just let them be children.  As they get older and if they
have questions about your sitting or about such things as morality, you can
slowly introduce them to zazen; or if you're too lazy or feel inadequate to
do that yourself, you can take them to a reputable teacher.

>Sounds like a half-baked philosophy if it cannot
>provide any moral guidance and it is strictly for stress therapy!

NEGATIVE-CAMPAIGNING-a-mundo!  I will not tolerate disparaging remarks about
being half-baked!  Things like that are BAD BAD BAD, not GOOD GOOD GOOD -
and STRESS ME OUT!  But, since your ability to read and retain (or believe)
what I've written in my previous posts (which I know is a problem with
overcooked Mac A. Roni) I'll say it again LOUD, and I'll say it PROUD:

zEN DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY GUIDANCE ON MORALITY BECAUSE zEN DOES NOT SUPPORT
THE DUALISTIC CLASSIFICATION OF ACTS INTO GOOD AND BAD!  Get it?  You can
only have morality if you insist on classifying things as good and bad.  If
you don't classify them in the first place, morality is a moot practice.

So, if good and bad is REALLY, REALLY important to you, which it sure sounds
like it is, try some religion that has morality as its main feature - like
Christianity, Judaism or Islam.  If you like the concepts of good and bad,
you'll LOVE the concept of sin, repentance and forgiveness!