Margie,

Edgar and Bill don't do dishes. We both only eat donated rice out of single dog bowls with our fingers!

Time to wash our bowls, Bill!

Edgar

On Oct 6, 2008, at 12:32 AM, roloro1557 wrote:

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Anthony,
>
> All morals and ethics are PERSONAL. They apply ONLY TO YOU.
> You cannot project them on others.

How could it be otherwise?

> I'm telling you, YOU ALREADY KNOW! This is your face before
> your mother was born! This is the cypress tree in the
> courtyard! This is three pounds of flax! (And in Al's case -
> this is dried shit on a stick!) This is your Buddha Nature!
> All you need to do is relax and allow yourself to experience
> it. And one thing that helps you do that is zazen - just
> sitting, no thoughts, no fears, no self - Just THIS!

We all already know!

> (Another thing that seems to help is a lightning strike, but
> if I were you - and I am - I'd suggest we go with zazen.)

He's absolutely right, even *I* don't recommend lightning
strikes! Zazen may not be any easier, but I'm sure it is safer.

> You just need to BELIEVE IN YOURSELF and your innate ability
> to know right and wrong, BE CONFIDENT IN YOURSELF AND YOUR
> JUDGEMENT, and DON'T BE AFRAID TO ACT. Don't get frozen up.
> Don't over-think things.

The importance of this can't be over-stressed. It's one of the things
that repeats over and over again in the old masters, psychology, and
the "better" aspects of religion.

> One more thing... Next time ask an easier question, like
> 'which direction should I face when sitting?' or 'what
> color cushion works best?'. I do best at responding to those.
>
> ...Bill!

Another wonderful dinner Bill. Isn't it Edgars' turn to do the dishes?

:-)
Margie (roloro1557)