Do you know that you're a curious type?.  It means (in my also bad
expressed English) that you're not a define type but just someone one
is not sure what is really about.

Wouldn't not be better to ask how peace can be manifested rather than
say how can peace be mantained?.  I'm saying this because when I look
at the solid, centanary years old trees in a land of hard a such
surviving as Scotland, I can see that the reason they're still
survived is due to the depth of the roots they have on their soil.

I have been having for some years at the door of my bathroom a say by
a Zen Buddhist Teacher which I read everytime I sit down in my
toilett:
"Peace is every step,
The shining red sun is my heart,
Each Flower smiles with me.
How green,
How fresh all that grows.
How cool the blind blows.
Peace is every step,
It turns the endless path
To joy"

this is not zazen but walking meditation.  Walking meditation means
that you're aware of each step you take in your in/out breathing.

you don't have to sit down zazen if you don't feel like it right now
but I'm sure you like to walk in the countryside.  Just you need to
add the awareness of your in and out breathing and then....And then
who knows...But you'd better experience this first hand rather than
writing somenthing you heard, or someone told you...Much, much better
to feel life in this peaceful way first hand and by your
experience...Don't you think?.

Mayka

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Wu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Mayka,
>
> My mother tongue is Chinese. I have been travelling around speaking
different languages and dialects, ending up with nothing I am fluent
with.

> I have no problems dropping the word morality. But what do you say
so that peace can be maintained? If you say in zen you don't have to
say anything, then I agree to keep silent.