Camila,

I'm supposed to be 'just lurking' and not actively posting right now,
but I couldn't resist responding to your post.

You are incorrect in your belief that "...there is a concept of moral
living which underlies the basic concepts of Zen."

The concept of morality is based on the belief of good and evil,
which is a classic example of dualistic thought.  Zen specifically
encourages the abandonment of dualistic thought even so far as to
abandon the concept of 'self' as opposed to 'others'.

If you do encounter any morality issues (or issues about sexuality)
associated with people or organizations that claim to represent zen,
these are probably associated with Buddhism or are just cultural
overlays.  They have nothing to do with zen.

...Bill!

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Camila Diehl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I have been visiting some Zen websites and I see that there are
some women Roshis and they appear to be lesbians. I wonder how Zen
can promote homosexuals when there is a concept of moral living which
underlies the basic concepts of Zen.

> I do not think that this kind of thing is common in Japan or China,
and I wonder if it is another example of the West perverting a pure
philosophy by the sheer force of money and power having an influence
on the main roots of Zen in Japan, Korea, and China?