Camila, I'm supposed to be 'just lurking' and not actively posting right now, but I couldn't resist responding to your post.
You are incorrect in your belief that "...there is a concept of moral living which underlies the basic concepts of Zen." The concept of morality is based on the belief of good and evil, which is a classic example of dualistic thought. Zen specifically encourages the abandonment of dualistic thought even so far as to abandon the concept of 'self' as opposed to 'others'. If you do encounter any morality issues (or issues about sexuality) associated with people or organizations that claim to represent zen, these are probably associated with Buddhism or are just cultural overlays. They have nothing to do with zen. ...Bill! --- In [email protected], "Camila Diehl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > I have been visiting some Zen websites and I see that there are some women Roshis and they appear to be lesbians. I wonder how Zen can promote homosexuals when there is a concept of moral living which underlies the basic concepts of Zen. > > I do not think that this kind of thing is common in Japan or China, and I wonder if it is another example of the West perverting a pure philosophy by the sheer force of money and power having an influence on the main roots of Zen in Japan, Korea, and China? > ------------------------------------ Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
