Camila,

It is my impression from living 3 years in Japan that there is quite a bit of lesbianism there, though it is mostly hidden and very rarely overt.

Edgar

On Nov 27, 2008, at 10:18 PM, Camila Diehl wrote:

I have been visiting some Zen websites and I see that there are some women Roshis and they appear to be lesbians. I wonder how Zen can promote homosexuals when there is a concept of moral living which underlies the basic concepts of Zen.

I do not think that this kind of thing is common in Japan or China, and I wonder if it is another example of the West perverting a pure philosophy by the sheer force of money and power having an influence on the main roots of Zen in Japan, Korea, and China?