Camila; As far as I know Zen doesn't promote homosexuality but nor discriminate either. In any case my question to you is; Why homosexuals wouldn't have a chance to practice zen as everyone else?. Why they should be denied the right of spirituality in whatever form or tradition this appeal to them?. What is exactly your complain about?.
I have no idea of the way homosexuals feel or think. It's a territory completely unknown to me. Therefore, I try no to make judgements about something I don't know what is about except that people from the same sex are atracted to each others and that they are not attracted to people from the same sex. Keep open mind Mayka --- In [email protected], "Camila Diehl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > I have been visiting some Zen websites and I see that there are some women Roshis and they appear to be lesbians. I wonder how Zen can promote homosexuals when there is a concept of moral living which underlies the basic concepts of Zen. > > I do not think that this kind of thing is common in Japan or China, and I wonder if it is another example of the West perverting a pure philosophy by the sheer force of money and power having an influence on the main roots of Zen in Japan, Korea, and China? > ------------------------------------ Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
