From: billsm...@hhs1963.org <billsm...@hhs1963.org>
Subject: RE: [Zen] Should we disturb zazen practice with issues like this?
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, 2 October, 2010, 9:48 AM

Ed,

You wrote:

Who am I that you or anyone else should want to hear what I have to say? After
all, on the Internet, over a decade and half and after tens of thousands of
posts, nobody has ever said to me that they learned anything from any of my
perspectives.
[Bill!] I want to hear what YOU have to say because you are a real person who
has taken the time and interest to post something.  That’s why I am interested
in what you have to say.  I’m not as interested in someone just copying a quote
from someone else (and this includes Buddha), unless they do so as a highlight
to their own thoughts, or add their own comments.  And those comments have to
be more than ‘I really like this’ or ‘I disagree with this’ to be meaningful to
me.
I’m sure many of the people who have read your previous posts have learned, or
have been caused to think about things in a little different way.  We learn
from everybody and everything, or at least we have that opportunity.
Keep posting your own thoughts and opinions.  Don’t be afraid someone will
disagree or make fun of you.  Just be sincere.  We have  a lot of people on
this Forum who are definitely sincere.  We are all here to learn.
…Bill!

database 5496 (20101001) __________