From: Jue Miao Jing Ming - 覺妙精明 <chan.j...@gmail.com>
Subject: [Zen] Mind
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, 3 October, 2010, 8:17 AM

Hi DP,

Science will tell you, there are more neuron firing to the brain from
the stomach then the other way around. Similarly there are more neuron
from the sub conscience, from the heart, from other organs, from the
entire body...

In Chan, wisdom is not from the brain, but from the heart within.

Whether you called it Buddhist mind, or mind, or Christian mind,
everyone of us has gotten only one mind. And to confuse you some more,
Chan does not use the word of "mind", but "heart".

As you see, words are very confusing. Therefore we often say...

"Chan is not to be understood, studied or mastered. Chan is to be
practiced and experienced. And there is only one way to enter the
experience -- to meditate." Not 10 minutes, but at least 45 minutes to
an hour everyday. There is nothing needs to be understood.

There is a saying in the Zen community - sit down, shut up and stop
thinking.

Then the gate opens up.

Bon Voyage,
:-)