From: Jue Miao Jing Ming - 覺妙精明 <chan.j...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Mind
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, 4 October, 2010, 1:49 PM

Hi Anthony,

If you research, you shall find there were two cases of heart transplant, as
far as I read, changed the personality of the recipient to that of the donor.
:-)

But the statement above is a scientific one, which has no value in Chan.  Just
like your statement.

In Chan, however, it is my direct experience as well as the experience of many
of my fellow practitioners, when the mind drops, the heart shines and we become
one with the ONE.

Similarly, I recommend that we all sit down, shut up and stop thinking every
day, same time, same place for one hour.

The truth will be unfold.  I guarantee.

JMJM
Head Teacher
Order Of Buddha Heart
http://chanjmjm.blogspot.com
http://www.heartchan.org

On 10/3/2010 4:37 PM, Anthony Wu wrote:

JM,

Thank you for interesting posts as always. We need a different points of views
to avoid dullness. Yours is always refreshing, and unfortunately also
controversial.

The reason that in Chinese literature there is only the word 'heart', when it
should mean 'mind' is that there is no Chinese equivalent of the word mind.
More than a thousand years ago, when Kumarajiwa was racking his brain to
translate 'citta' (Sanskrit mind), he was so smart to understand the Chinese
associated thinking with the heart. That is why you always hear 'xin', 'xin',
and 'xin'. That does not mean the heart has a critical function of thinking. No
doubt it is a very important organ. Besides the normal function of pumping
blood, it plays a critical role in every kind of 'chi' manipulation, including
the Tantric 'heart chakra'. Nevertheless, the organ closest to the thinking
process is the brain, not the heart. If I have a heart transplant, needless to
say, I will still be called Anthony. If, on the other hand, a brain transplant?
Would it be more appropriate to adopt the name Frankenstein the Second?

Anthony