DP,

I wrote: "Moreover, I am ignorant of what it is to be a neo-nazis, but have no
trouble rejecting their beliefs as not just harmful, but wrong."

You wrote: "You were essentially implying that religious belief was no
different
from being a "neo-nazi." I'm sorry, but I do find that offensive."

That wasn't my intention in the above sentence. I could just as easily have
said
I am ignorant of being a racist/Republican/terrorist/bigot/child-molester etc
make the point. If you see the connection with those and religion, well...

Mike