Ed,

I didn't say it didn't have value.  What I'm asking is what value do you
think it has in to your zen practice?

...Bill!

From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of ED
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2010 10:11 AM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Zen] Zen and the Brain

Bill,
If it's not of value to anyone, it will sink to the bottom of the stack and
disappear.

Ed,
You keep posting content such as this.  Do you think having a scientific
explanation of how zen meditation affects the body is helpful to zen
practitioners?
…Bill!
Zen and the Brain
Zen and the Brain: Toward an Understanding of Meditation and Consciousness
is a book authored by James H. Austin. First published in 1998, the book's
aim is to establish links between the neurological workings of the human
brain and meditation. For example Austin presents evidence from EEG scans
that deep relaxed breathing reduces brain activity.
The publishers described their book as a "Comprehensive text on the evidence
from neuroscience that helps to clarify which brain mechanisms underlie the
subjective states of Zen, and employs Zen to 'illuminate' how the brain
works in various states of consciousness".

database 5558 (20101023) __________

database 5558 (20101023) __________