From: Kristy McClain <healthypl...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Re: FW: Quote from St. Thomas Aquinas
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, 9 November, 2010, 10:19 AM

Anthony,

I am not offended at all.  But perhaps you should cry anyway.  It is clear
that you have deep and conflicted feelings about this issue, and have for a
very long time. You seem  stuck here. The same question has plagued you like a
bad mantra for too long. I  think a good cry and opening up your heart to your
deepest longings can  serve as a fresh start.

I am not that familar with the work of Byron Katie, but I remember that she has
four key questions  that she advises others to consider when confronted with a
dilemma.

Ask yourself:

1-- Is it true?

2--Do you know for certain if it is true?

3-- How do you react when you believe it is true?

4--  Would you "be" (at all) without this belief /thought?

Then reverse them.

So, for example,  if one had an abusive mother..

Go through the steps..

Then to reverse them, say :  Yes , she is abusive, and the reverse is how do I
abuse her?

And so on...

Admittedly, this is a different tract than zen-- but franklyy, I can't see that
the past few years of zen has helped  you break free of this issue, so perhaps
a change in venue is advised.  If not this-- something.

Take care..

Kristy