Yes.

Men behave toward each other differently when women are around than when
no women are around.

Women behave toward each other differently when men are around than when
no men are around.

Thanks, ED

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, ChrisAustinLane <ch...@...> wrote:

It is not true in my experience that strong women cannot be friends. It
happens all the time in non-male dominated arenas.

Thanks,  Chris Austin-Lane

Mayka,

I take you at your word when you say:  "I admire people who don't fear
the consequences of speaking up their minds ..."

So, at the risk of of being label "thorny", I say:

Yes, you and Kristy could be friends, though probably not when in the
same kitchen, coffee klatch, or Yahoo group, as both of you are
confident, strong-willed alpha-females.

With playfully truthful loving-kindness,

--ED

K...   Enjoyed the clarity of this post of yours.     I think that Mike
might have been right and there is the possibility that if we both met
and knew face to face we might become friends.  Anyway, we're in the
same group and find very silly not to interact with each other.  You're
wrong and I do like you.  We both are impulsive ladies. I like from the
posting you sent to Anthony your very good intentions of helping him.
There was warm and compassion in your personal way of posting .   I
admire people who don't fear the consequences of speaking up their minds
specially with taboo subjects as the one you spoke about.   Interaction
between Anthony and yourself was an interesting dharma.     Can we make
up and be friends? Mayka