Topics <http://thinkexist.com/topics/>  > W
<http://thinkexist.com/quotationsbyletter/w/>  > Wisdom  11-20
Quotations of 466  Wisdom quotes    [bookmark]   [email] 
<http://thinkexist.com/common/email/pages_sender.asp?dir=http://einstein\
/quotations/wisdom/2.html>   [link] 
<http://thinkexist.com/common/howtolink.asp?dir=http://einstein/quotatio\
ns/wisdom/2.html&name=Wisdom quotes>   [cite] 
<http://thinkexist.com/common/cite.asp?dir=http://einstein/quotations/wi\
sdom/2.html&name=Wisdom quotes>                
[http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/5star.gif]     [I Like this quote]   [I
dislike this quote] "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and ask, 'Where
have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more
than one night.'
<http://thinkexist.com/quotation/sometimes_i_lie_awake_at_night-and_ask-\
-where/8737.html> "
  [middle]  Charles M. Schulz quotes
<http://thinkexist.com/quotes/charles_m._schulz/>  (American
<http://thinkexist.com/nationality/american_authors/>  cartoonist, 1922
<http://thinkexist.com/birthday/november_26/> -2000
<http://thinkexist.com/birthday/february_12/> )
Character: Charlie Brown quotes
<http://thinkexist.com/quotes/by/character/charlie_brown/> . Book:
Peanuts quotes <http://thinkexist.com/quotes/by/book/peanuts/>
Similar Quotes
<http://thinkexist.com/quotes/like/sometimes_i_lie_awake_at_night-and_as\
k--where/8737/> . About: Humor quotes
<http://thinkexist.com/quotations/humor/> , Wisdom quotes, Funny quotes
<http://thinkexist.com/quotations/funny/> , Lies quotes
<http://thinkexist.com/quotations/lies/> , Questioning quotes
<http://thinkexist.com/quotations/questioning/> .   
[http://thinkexist.com/images/Add_to_my_book.gif]  Add to Chapter...
<http://thinkexist.com/user/suggest/quotation_revision.asp?quotation=som\
etimes_i_lie_awake_at_night-and_ask--where&id=8737>  
<http://thinkexist.com/common/email/quotes_sender.asp?id=8737&quote=some\
times_i_lie_awake_at_night-and_ask--where>   
<http://thinkexist.com/services/bookmark.asp?id=8737&quote=sometimes_i_l\
ie_awake_at_night-and_ask--where>  
<http://thinkexist.com/common/discuss.asp?id=8737&quote=sometimes_i_lie_\
awake_at_night-and_ask--where>             
[http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/5star.gif]     [I Like this quote]   [I
dislike this quote] "A wise old owl sat on an oak; The more he saw
the less he spoke; The less he spoke the more he heard; Why aren't we
like that wise old bird?
<http://thinkexist.com/quotation/a_wise_old_owl_sat_on_an_oak-the_more_h\
e_saw_the/194152.html> "

Similar Quotes
<http://thinkexist.com/quotes/like/a_wise_old_owl_sat_on_an_oak-the_more\
_he_saw_the/194152/> . About: Wisdom quotes, Listening quotes
<http://thinkexist.com/quotations/listening/> .   
[http://thinkexist.com/images/Add_to_my_book.gif]  Add to Chapter...
<http://thinkexist.com/user/suggest/quotation_revision.asp?quotation=a_w\
ise_old_owl_sat_on_an_oak-the_more_he_saw_the&id=194152>  
<http://thinkexist.com/common/email/quotes_sender.asp?id=194152&quote=a_\
wise_old_owl_sat_on_an_oak-the_more_he_saw_the>   
<http://thinkexist.com/services/bookmark.asp?id=194152&quote=a_wise_old_\
owl_sat_on_an_oak-the_more_he_saw_the>  
<http://thinkexist.com/common/discuss.asp?id=194152&quote=a_wise_old_owl\
_sat_on_an_oak-the_more_he_saw_the>             
[http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/5star.gif]     [I Like this quote]   [I
dislike this quote] "The key to wisdom is knowing all the right
questions.
<http://thinkexist.com/quotation/the_key_to_wisdom_is_knowing_all_the_ri\
ght/210455.html> "
  [middle]  John A. Simone, Sr. quotes
<http://thinkexist.com/quotes/john_a._simone,_sr./>
Similar Quotes
<http://thinkexist.com/quotes/like/the_key_to_wisdom_is_knowing_all_the_\
right/210455/> . About: Wisdom quotes.   
[http://thinkexist.com/images/Add_to_my_book.gif]  Add to Chapter...
<http://thinkexist.com/user/suggest/quotation_revision.asp?quotation=the\
_key_to_wisdom_is_knowing_all_the_right&id=210455>  
<http://thinkexist.com/common/email/quotes_sender.asp?id=210455&quote=th\
e_key_to_wisdom_is_knowing_all_the_right>   
<http://thinkexist.com/services/bookmark.asp?id=210455&quote=the_key_to_\
wisdom_is_knowing_all_the_right>  
<http://thinkexist.com/common/discuss.asp?id=210455&quote=the_key_to_wis\
dom_is_knowing_all_the_right>

           
<http://thinkexist.com/user/suggest/quotation_revision.asp?quotation=the\
_highest_form_of_wisdom_is&id=170958>  
<http://thinkexist.com/common/email/quotes_sender.asp?id=170958&quote=th\
e_highest_form_of_wisdom_is>   
<http://thinkexist.com/services/bookmark.asp?id=170958&quote=the_highest\
_form_of_wisdom_is>  
<http://thinkexist.com/common/discuss.asp?id=170958&quote=the_highest_fo\
rm_of_wisdom_is>              [http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/5star.gif]    
[I Like this quote]   [I dislike this quote] "Wisdom is knowing what
to do next, skill is knowing how to do it, and virtue is doing it.
<http://thinkexist.com/quotation/wisdom_is_knowing_what_to_do_next-skill\
_is/253363.html> "
  [middle]  David Starr Jordan quotes
<http://thinkexist.com/quotes/david_starr_jordan/>  (American
<http://thinkexist.com/nationality/american_authors/>  ichthyologist,
educator, writer b.1851 <http://thinkexist.com/birthday/january_19/> )
Similar Quotes
<http://thinkexist.com/quotes/like/wisdom_is_knowing_what_to_do_next-ski\
ll_is/253363/> . About: Wisdom quotes.   
[http://thinkexist.com/images/Add_to_my_book.gif]  Add to Chapter...
<http://thinkexist.com/user/suggest/quotation_revision.asp?quotation=wis\
dom_is_knowing_what_to_do_next-skill_is&id=253363>  
<http://thinkexist.com/common/email/quotes_sender.asp?id=253363&quote=wi\
sdom_is_knowing_what_to_do_next-skill_is>   
<http://thinkexist.com/services/bookmark.asp?id=253363&quote=wisdom_is_k\
nowing_what_to_do_next-skill_is>  
<http://thinkexist.com/common/discuss.asp?id=253363&quote=wisdom_is_know\
ing_what_to_do_next-skill_is>             
[http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/5star.gif]     [I Like this quote]   [I
dislike this quote] "A man only becomes wise when he begins to
calculate the approximate depth of his ignorance.
<http://thinkexist.com/quotation/a_man_only_becomes_wise_when_he_begins_\
to/207158.html> "
  [middle]  Gian Carlo Menotti quotes
<http://thinkexist.com/quotes/gian_carlo_menotti/>
Similar Quotes
<http://thinkexist.com/quotes/like/a_man_only_becomes_wise_when_he_begin\
s_to/207158/> . About: Wisdom quotes.   
[http://thinkexist.com/images/Add_to_my_book.gif]  Add to Chapter...
<http://thinkexist.com/user/suggest/quotation_revision.asp?quotation=a_m\
an_only_becomes_wise_when_he_begins_to&id=207158>  
<http://thinkexist.com/common/email/quotes_sender.asp?id=207158&quote=a_\
man_only_becomes_wise_when_he_begins_to>   
<http://thinkexist.com/services/bookmark.asp?id=207158&quote=a_man_only_\
becomes_wise_when_he_begins_to>  
<http://thinkexist.com/common/discuss.asp?id=207158&quote=a_man_only_bec\
omes_wise_when_he_begins_to>

 
<http://thinkexist.com/user/suggest/quotation_revision.asp?quotation=we_\
must_become_the_change_we_want_to_see&id=11442>  
<http://thinkexist.com/common/email/quotes_sender.asp?id=11442&quote=we_\
must_become_the_change_we_want_to_see>   
<http://thinkexist.com/services/bookmark.asp?id=11442&quote=we_must_beco\
me_the_change_we_want_to_see>  
<http://thinkexist.com/common/discuss.asp?id=11442&quote=we_must_become_\
the_change_we_want_to_see>     
http://thinkexist.com/quotations/wisdom/2.html
<http://thinkexist.com/quotations/wisdom/2.html>



Thank Buddha for the Internet!  ;-)   --ED





--- In [email protected], "SteveW" <eugnostos2000@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Chris. Logic is useful from the relative view-point, but cannot
> apprehend The Unborn. Here is a quote, not from a Zen Buddhist, but
> rather the Roman philosopher Plotinus: "The analytic reason, if it
> wants to say anything at all, must seize first one element of what
> it is looking at and then the next; such are the conditions of
> analytic thought. But how is this to ever comprehend the absolutely
> Uncompounded?...Strip away everything!"
> Steve


Reply via email to