Hi Ed,
 
I initially read this  in the context of spiritual awareness. But  perhaps that 
isn't your question.  Personal development / self-inquiry / spiritual growth is 
the new-age self-help.  I  have found zen-inspired centers in  many other 
areans. Often, they include some zen philosophy and psychology with practices 
like zazen.  Some  yoga studios  and classes combine  zen and yoga  models, but 
do not necessarily include buddhism.   "Zen" or "zen"  sells. So it is 
incorporated in feng shui  and Japanese design centers. Zen gardens are 
popular, so there are now zen horticulturists. Several spas and wellness 
centers include zen practices when teaching classes on stress and personal 
growth.  "The way of Tea" shops have including zen with the tea ceremony. 
Medical centers   can have  zen-influenced clinics for patients with conditions 
that range widely, from sleep  disorders, to psoriasis, to cardiac conditions, 
to allergies, and many
 more.   Many of  the above discuss zen practices as a lifestyle, but without a 
defined spiritual dimension.  So its kind-of in the context you are asking.
 
Kristy
 
Yes, and I was interested in knowing if there is any zen center that advocates 
'zen' without any mention Buddha's teachings.
--ED


 








 







      

Reply via email to