On Thursday, September 15, 2011,  <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Which are you referring as my initial complaint? As far as I remember, I
did not complain about anything.

You wrote earlier:

>It's easy to be happy when all the
>boddhisatvas are around. I wanna
>be in peace whether it is boddhisatvas or
> devils or demons that surround me.

So I assumed you do not find yourself surrounded  by 10,000 helping
bodhisattvas but by demons.

The rest of my response was based on that assumption. Both that there is
some suffering in your moments and that around you are things you perceive
as demons rather than bodhisattvas.

>But perhaps I've said something that
>made you think so.


>
>> You only perform selfless acts. Perhaps you then add on to then some
mental activity, but the action itself is selfless.
>
> I guess this is another way of putting it. So putting it the way you did
for what I've been trying to say ~ everyone (or at least I can speak for
myself), always add some mental activity on to their actions. With that, the
actions are no longer purely selfless actions.

The actions are still there. The food I eat is offered by life, the thoughts
of the many people involved in that giving are not so important.
>
> Bill just described what I wanted to say in much better way.

I like the story but I find it hard to let the judgments of missing the mark
or not stand without some questioning about why we are so busy judging all
this thinking. It is just thinking, you can't let that ruin a moment.
>
> Siska
> ________________________________
> From: ChrisAustinLane <[email protected]>
> Sender: [email protected]
> Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 12:13:35 -0700
> To: [email protected]<[email protected]>
> ReplyTo: [email protected]
> Cc: [email protected]<[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: [Zen] Fwd: Re: [Zen Living] Supreme Vehicle
>
>
> Thanks,
> Chris Austin-Lane
> Sent from a cell phone
>
> On Sep 14, 2011, at 6:41, [email protected] <siska_cen%40yahoo.com>
wrote:
>
>> rather, what is the difference between cruelty and good?
>
> To get a bit sophistical on you, same as the difference between being
surrounded by bodhisattvas or being surrounded by demons, the latter
situation being your initial complaint.
>
> Some moments are easier than others, what can I say.
>
> I have to disagree with your claim that you never perform selfless acts
yourself. You only perform selfless acts. Perhaps you then add on to then
some mental activity, but the action itself is selfless. How else?
>
> 

-- 
Thanks,

--Chris
[email protected]
+1-301-270-6524

Reply via email to