right..medusa it is...


  
Merle,

If you're choosing a Dharma name choose one that is unflattering or you don't 
like.  That will help prevent you forming attachments to it.

...Bill!

--- In [email protected], Merle Lester <merlewiitpom@...> wrote:
>
> 
> 
>  i try..i try...many names..many...it's hard...in french my name means 
> blackbird...how's that one?..merle
> 
> 
>   
> Merle,
> 
> Is there a Dharma name that you would *LIKE*?
> 
> I have no "clout", in bestowing names, because I am NOT a teacher who has 
> been given Transmission -- my teacher Sheng Yen died before I could see him 
> the last time, in Taiwan -- but if you have an idea for a name, that is 
> probably the best name that any of us could find.
> 
> I'd sign on.
> 
> What-say, dear Sister?  Cousin? (see?, we are multiply-related).
> 
> Anything come to you?  Mull it over for a while, if you wannna.
> 
> If so, I will add my voice to the name you come up with, as if to confirm it.
> 
> Let us know?
> 
> Else, I will cogitate!;
> 
> I will Meditate!;
> 
> I will Ruminate!
> 
> But..., "You 'TAKES' your chances"!, if you leave it to ME.  ;-)
> 
> 'course, you don't have to accept/adopt a name I dream-up: I am just an 
> ordinary Joe, with no kind of powers nor insight nor wisdom that we'd 
> attribute to ANYONE.  Except those we all have.
> 
> For sure.
> 
> I know about your Grey Elephants, your mountain, your garden, your ART.  
> Maybe I know sumpthin', then, but it is miniscule compared with what YOU know.
> 
> So, I ask you: WHAT is your Dharma name?  What *IS* it?  Take a while, sit on 
> this; does anything arise, and stick?  No hurry.
> 
> If you demur in this, I will suggest one.  But don't wait for me!  I'd so 
> much by far wish to know your name for yourself: I'd learn from it.
> 
> --J. (Guo-Xiang; Tennen; Hose-A; Hose-B; Hose-C; Hose-W; enough hoses, 
> already!)
> 
> > Merle Lester <merlewiitpom@> wrote:
> >
> > dearest cousin joe.
> > ..i would be honoured if you would bestow a dharma name for me.
> [snip]
>


 

Reply via email to