i agree with you joe..
when bill !!!!!!! squeals attachment one feels guilty as all hell..

however bill!!!!! is attached to this mantra of squealing ATTACHMENT..at every 
turn...

we are "attached to the earth"...how does that ride with his 
squealing...?...merle

  
Joe,

I appreciate your criticism and think it is well-noted, but 'skillful means' is 
an art, not a science.  What is helpful for some might not work for others, and 
what seems appropriate for some might seem awkward for others.

I'm dancing as fast as I can.

...Bill!

--- In [email protected], "Joe" <desert_woodworker@...> wrote:
>
> Bill!,
> 
> I don't disagree, and I won't.
> 
> I'll just note that, sometimes, the ATTACHMENT to the diagnosis of 
> "Attachment" is itself a sickness.  And seldom if ever helpful to one who 
> suffers, alas.
> 
> And this is made worse by any prescriptions made by the dispensing physician 
> to the patient.  Usually no prescription is made, however, there's just the 
> slap in the face of "attachment".  Like that's helpful!?
> 
> Funny, and sad, sad.  Sad.
> 
> Sometimes hearing "Attachment" is enough to shut down the healing process.
> 
> Yet, I have no suggestion regarding what ELSE to REACH for; but surely, there 
> must be something else, and better.  Let me work on it.
> 
> Skilful-means does not mean being Right, and being merely accurate according 
> to theory; it means being Skilful.
> 
> Did I mention, "skilful"?
> 
> A featherweight of skilful-means is worth a ton of accurate and discursive 
> correctness; phooey.  Correctness comes back to bite a person, and helps the 
> questioner not at all.  So?
> 
> Sometimes, if a guy can be nothing else, we have to at least let him be 
> *correct*.  That may be a skilful means, but I lament the paucity of it.
> 
> Now, I know, it's only *I* who mentioned skilful means, and being of some 
> help.  Typical Bodhisattva behavior on my part: I freely admit my guilt.
> 
> It's incumbent on you, Doctor, to tell beings how to loosen attachment to the 
> emotion of fear.  Asserting just the error of "attachment" to it, Doc, is not 
> worthy of a practitioner-friend, nor of a diagnostician with a heart.
> 
> But fond hopes often go the way of all flesh.
> 
> --Joe / (already bitten in the tuchus)
> 
> > "Bill!" <BillSmart@> wrote:
> >
> > I agree with James.
> > 
> > As with all emotions like fear, anger, love, hate it is not the emotion 
> > that is the real problem, it is the ATTACHMENT to the emotion.
> > 
> > ...Bill!
>


 

Reply via email to