Chris,

Yes, at least in my understanding of the meaning of the word 'faith'.

If someone slaps your face do you have to have 'faith' to experience the slap?
If you bite into a lemon do you resort to 'faith' to experience the taste?

If I told you that biting into a lemon produces a taste that is very sour is
that an 'assertion of life'?  And if you believe my assertion doesn't that only
show faith in me and my ability to discriminate and describe?  You still
haven't tasted (experienced) the lemon.

If you are told by eating wine and biscuits that have been blessed by a priest
(transubstantiated)it would wash away all your sins - and you believe that is
that 'faith'?  And if you do eat them and it does wash away all your sins, what
is that?

What is the meaning of 'faith' you are trying to convey?

...Bill!