Edgar and Joe,

Since I'm not a Buddhist I don't use the Eightfold Path as a guide for my
conduct, and although I do tend to do as Edgar has suggested (tell the truth
come Hell or high water) I would have to agree with Joe here that the approach
most true to Right Speech would be one which employs a little more touch of
Skillful Means.

...Bill!