Bill!,<br/><br/>Ok, so you've narrowed my 'all religions are not the same' to
just the three mono-theistic ones. Fair enough, but does that you mean you
agree that those other religions I mentioned are nothing like Islam regarding
messages of hate and violence?<br/><br/>Comparing those 3 Abrahamic still
leaves Islam in the same position of being the most overtly violent. There was
no new Messiah in the Koran to at least make the stories of killing infidels
(and other transgressors) questionable (as with Jesus and the Old Testament).
In fact, the Koran doesn't compare to the Bible because most of the verses are
open-ended and aren't tied to any particular historical story. Whereas you and
Merle say it's bad people that use the religion as an excuse - I'd say its just
as likely that good people are swayed by bad