mike..yes..so..what's your point?....
the law of the land say no killing...

so why are you bringing me quotes ..
let us not forget..onward christian soldiers as to going forth to war...

christians have done plenty of massacres too...they all are into it...humans
..they are into the kill kill kill..

now do you believe the bible?..god created the world in 7 days?... and adam and
eve?...
 no man shall sleep with another man..blah blah..
they are all written by human beings these books...
 they have ALL done stuff and written stuff that is BAD BAD...
that is the nature of the beast...
so what are you trying to tell me..
that islam is bad bad bad...and worse than the others?...
you don't have to look at the "bibles"...
it is just human beings...
fear of the other...
that's where it's at coupled with greed and the need for power..and what ever
it takes
 human beings WILL find a mantra to carry out acts of evil doing on other human
beings, animals, vegetation and the whole earth...
senseless destruction..and of course they justify it with..what ever it takes...
 merrily they do it for a cause..which is all bullshit...as we well know...

of course there are the followers..the blind sheep..baa baa..
who just go along no matter what..baa baa baa...  carry out the dirty deeds

 all i can really say is
 ho hum and sigh
 but i cannot look the other way
 merle

Merle,

You've written 3 similar posts, so I'll answer all of hem in this post. You say
these crimes have nothing to do with religion. Yet the Jews in Palestine cite
the Torah as giving them the authority to take the land. The 9/11 hi-jackers
completely believed they were going to paradise for their action. The Christian
bombers of abortion clinics believe they are saving the life and souls of
future babies by killing abortionists. To say these acts (as just a tiny
example) are nothing to do with religion is just blind to the facts.

Is Islam the worse (in terms of violence) of the religions? I'd say a
resounding yes! to that question. Which other religion sanctions stoning people
for blasphemy and which religious adherents *still* look to their religious
text to justify killing those who leave their religion? There is only one -
Islam.

There are 109
 passages
 in the Koran that call believers to fight disbelievers. Here's a few:

Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of
the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse
than slaughter [of non-believers]... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is
forgiving and merciful.   And fight them until persecution is no more, and
religion is for Allah."  The historical context of this passage is not
defensive warfare, since Muhammad and his Muslims had just relocated to Medina
and were not under attack by their Meccan adversaries.  In fact, the verses
urge offensive warfare, in that Muslims are to drive Meccans out of their own
city (which they later did).  The use of the word "persecution" by some Muslim
translators is thus disingenuous (the actual Muslim words for persecution -
"idtihad" - and oppression - a variation of "z-l-m" - do not appear in the
verse).  The actual Arabic comes from
 "fitna" which can mean disbelief, or the disorder that results from unbelief
or temptation.  Taken as a whole, the context makes clear that violence is
being authorized until "religion is for Allah" - ie. unbelievers desist in
their unbelief.

Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this
world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he
victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."  The martyrs of Islam are
unlike the early Christians, led meekly to the slaughter.  These Muslims are
killed in battle, as they attempt to inflict death and destruction for the
cause of Allah.  Here is the theological basis for today's suicide bombers.

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His
messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they
should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off
on
 opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for
them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous
chastisement"

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve.
Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"  No
reasonable person would interpret this to mean a spiritual struggle.

Quran (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold
that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor
acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the
Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves
subdued."  "People of the Book" refers to Christians and Jews.  According to
this verse, they are to be violently subjugated, with the sole justification
being their religious status.  This was one of the final "revelations" from
Allah and it set in
 motion the tenacious military expansion, in which Muhammad's companions
managed to conquer two-thirds of the Christian world in the next 100 years.
Islam is intended to dominate all other people and faiths.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPad