On Thu, 2017-08-10 at 10:43 +0200, Francesco wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been looking into Zyre as framework to build peer to peer
> messaging.
> I've found that there is a "perf_local" and "perf_remote" binaries
> inside it... I'm curious to know: has anybody measured performances
> and is willing to share his numbers?
>
> Btw I tried running that utility: I opened 2 shells and I ran
>    ./perf_local 2
>
> but all I get is just:
>    "Took 3 ms to coordinate with all remote"
>
> and then nothing...

Hi,

In one terminal first do:

./perf_remote 4

And then in another:

./perf_local 4

The argument must match. By default it's 25 (note that it requires an
higher ulimit -n than most defaults), and it sends 1000 messages (pass
a second argument to perf_remote to override this)

--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi