On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Wreede, Matt - PC/Network Technician
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've had hideous luck with software-RAID and hot swapping, and from what I've
> heard, Solaris is sort of iffy on support for hot swapping, so I'd like to
> stick with the Areca.

In theory, a system built around the Marvell or LSI chipsets should be
reliable and well supported since it's what Sun is using for the x4500
and x4540. There are enough posts to this list that it seems like
there are some problems with device failure on those chipsets, but I'm
sure the actual rate of incidence is lower since people are more
likely to report an error than success.

One of the Sun guys could probably set the record straight.

-B

--
Brandon High [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The good is the enemy of the best." - Nietzsche