-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of James C.
McPherson
Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2008 8:18 AM
To: Miles Nordin
Cc: zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org
Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] Ideal Setup: RAID-5, Areca, etc!

Miles Nordin wrote:

>     bh> a system built around the Marvell or LSI chipsets
>
> according to The Blogosphere, source of all reliable information,
> there's some issue with LSI, too.  The driver is not available in
> stable Solaris nor OpenSolaris, or there are two drivers, or
> something.  the guy is so upset, I can't figure out wtf he's trying to
> say:
>
>   http://www.osnews.com/thread?317113

The driver for LSI's MegaRAID SAS card is "mega_sas" which was
integrated into snv_88. It's planned for backporting to a Solaris 10
update.

And I can't figure out what his beef is either.

James C. McPherson
--
Senior Kernel Software Engineer, Solaris Sun Microsystems
http://blogs.sun.com/jmcp       http://www.jmcp.homeunix.com/blog