Brandon High wrote:

> All I know is that the x4540 uses the LSI 1068e chipset, and that the
> X4500 used the Marvell 88SX chipset. Since buyers of both of these
> systems probably have an expectation that they'll well, work, I assume
> that the drivers in Solaris should be relatively stable.
>
> If that's not the case, then I'd think Sun would want to address it.

*grumpy customer*

Sadly, it is _not_ the case. And Sun is addressing it. They just aren't
sharing with the rest of the class...

If you running Solaris 10, as far as I can tell you _still_ need an IDR
to have NCQ enabled on the marvell chipset in an X4500 without device
resets, as Sun still hasn't released a patch that fixes the bug(s).

I could be wrong, but Sun service keeps not answering our requests for
clarification / a new U5 IDR.

On the up side, it's fixed in OpenSolaris, and you can probably get an
IDR if you have a support contract and scream loudly enough.

--
Carson