On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Miles Nordin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> according to The Blogosphere, source of all reliable information,
> there's some issue with LSI, too.  The driver is not available in
> stable Solaris nor OpenSolaris, or there are two drivers, or
> something.  the guy is so upset, I can't figure out wtf he's trying to
> say:

Well if you saw it on the internet ...

All I know is that the x4540 uses the LSI 1068e chipset, and that the
X4500 used the Marvell 88SX chipset. Since buyers of both of these
systems probably have an expectation that they'll well, work, I assume
that the drivers in Solaris should be relatively stable.

If that's not the case, then I'd think Sun would want to address it.

-B

--
Brandon High [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The good is the enemy of the best." - Nietzsche