Michael Shadle wrote:
On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Bob Friesenhahn
<bfrie...@simple.dallas.tx.us> wrote:

No.  The two vdevs will be load shared rather than creating a mirror. This
should double your multi-user performance.

Cool - now a followup -

When I attach this new raidz2, will ZFS auto "rebalance" data between
the two, or will it keep the other one empty and do some sort of load
balancing between the two for future writes only?
Future writes only as far as I am aware. You will however get increased IO potentially.
(Total increase will depend on controller layouts etc etc.)
Is there a way (perhaps a scrub? or something?) to get the data spread
around to both?
No. You could backup and restore though. (or if you a small number of big files you
could I guess copy them around inside the pool to get them "rebalanced". )

Scott Lawson
Systems Architect
Manukau Institute of Technology
Information Communication Technology Services Private Bag 94006 Manukau
City Auckland New Zealand

Phone  : +64 09 968 7611
Fax    : +64 09 968 7641
Mobile : +64 27 568 7611