Andriy Gapon wrote:
What do you think about the following feature?

"Subdirectory is automatically a new filesystem" property - an administrator
turns
on this magic property of a filesystem, after that every mkdir *in the root* of
that filesystem creates a new filesystem. The new filesystems have
default/inherited properties except for the magic property which is off.

This has been brought up before and I thought there was an open CR for it but I can't find it.

Right now I see this as being mostly useful for /home. Main benefit in this case
is that various user administration tools can work unmodified and do the right
thing when an administrator wants a policy of a separate fs per user
But I am sure that there could be other interesting uses for this.

A good use case. Another good one is shared build machine which is similar to the home dir case.

--
Darren J Moffat