> My feeling is that I should roll back and put CSS snippet in the template
> to get more accurate HTML version of the wiki page. However that makes the
> HTML rendering without CSS ugly.
>
> Compromise would be to make the newline handling an option you can control
> from the template. This could help to make "vanilla" HTML export look
> decent while templates with CSS can set the BR how they want it.

Personally I'd prefer a clean HTML output by default. I don't like the BR
tags, and I don't think that the HTML export should try to replicate any
arbitrary spacing in the wiki text. The HTML would easily turn into a mess.

Most wiki engines and markdown processors ignore whitespace when rendering,
and have a specific tag/syntax for explicitly adding a blank line. Maybe
that's the way to go.

--
Mariano