"We do not say that all of the Saints will be spared and saved from the
coming day of desolation. But we do say there is no promise of safety and
no promise of security except for those who love the Lord and who are
seeking to do all that he commands.

  (Bruce R. McConkie, "Stand Independent above All Other Creatures,"
Ensign, May 1979, 93)"It may be, for instance, that nothing except the
power of faith and the authority of the priesthood can save individuals and
congregations from the atomic holocausts that surely shall be."
---

What do you think?  Is this prophecy going to be fulfilled?  Is not it a
good reason to avoid sending our troops all over the planet engaging in war
to bring peace?  I wish our troops would stay home in case we need them
here.  I guess that makes me an isolationist.  But I don't believe the USA
could or should be a global police force.  It is too likely to stir up
hatreds and bring to pass the scenario predicted by Elder McConkie.

What do you think?  Is invading Iraq going to increase or decrease the
likelihood of a nuclear war?  Is there anyone here who truly believes that
invading Iraq is going to bring about a stable democracy?  Why should
America's finest young men and women lay down their lives for nothing?

John W. Redelfs                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Even the Church shall be cleansed, and those who are
of the world, who are numbered among the members of
the Church, will be cast out, and will find their place among
those who are unworthy, where there shall be wailing and
gnashing of teeth." (Joseph Fielding Smith Jr., Doctrines
of Salvation, Vol.3, p.16)