After careful consideration, Jon Spencer wrote:
>I take it, then, that (1) you strongly believe that Bush is controlled by
>the rich folks,

Not rich folks.  Evil, rich folks, folks who want to destroy our nation and
especially our Constitution.

>and (2) those of us who approve of his approach in many things are also
>controlled by the rich folks, or are at least stupid enough to be fooled.

Yes, that is exactly right.  I think you (plural) are stupid enough to be
fooled.  That is exactly what I think.  That is also what President Benson
thought.  He wasted his life in trying to mobilize the priesthood to
overthrow the Gadianton Robbers in our government, and the members of the
Church just dismissed him as an old fool who had funny right-wing notions
about conspiracy.

>(2) is certainly the implication of your statement below.

It wasn't implied.  It was bluntly stated.

I'm sorry that I'm being offensive, but sometimes it just cannot be
avoided.  Ignorant people are getting us into a war that is not in the
national interest.  And they are doing it because they are being
manipulated by criminals, the rulers of the darkness of this world.

That is what Paul was referring to when he wrote:

11  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against
the wiles of the devil.

12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities,
against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against
spiritual wickedness in high places.

(New Testament | Ephesians 6:11 - 12)

John W. Redelfs                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"There is no conspiracy theory in the Book of  Mormon
  --it is a conspiracy fact. (Ezra Taft Benson, April 1972)