After careful consideration, Steven Montgomery wrote:
>At 07:46 AM 10/15/2002, Paul wrote:
>
>>Well, you know me--I'm NOT into conspiracy theories at all. Wasn't it so
>>that Elder Benson was all alone in his campaign or which of the other
>>apostles stood by his side and declared the same message? You know what I
>>mean--two or three witnesses. Was his campaign overseen by the First
>>Presidency including the one he belonged to? I don't believe it was.
>
>Below are six statements from President Ezra Taft Benson regarding a
>world- wide conspiracy that is increasing its evil influence and control
>over America and the entire world. These warnings have come to us from God
>through His living prophet. All six statements came after his call in 1985
>to be President of the Church.

And just in case there might be some uninformed members on the list, this
counsel has been given us just recently in General Conference by Elder
Ballard.  So the argument "that was then, and this is now" won't
fly.  Elder Ballard is not a dead prophet.  And neither is President
Hinckley who presided at that conference and sat right behind the podium.

People who do not want to believe in this great secret combination that is
gaining an ever tighter grip over all of the nations of the earth are just
scared.  They feel impotent.  They want every thing to be all right. They
don't know what to do about it.

Well, considering these things when voting might be in order.  This
understanding might help us from being deceived by a toothy grin and a firm
handshake.  We might be able to prepare our families better if we
understood what was going on right before our noses.  And if we understood
how dreadful our peril is, we might be more faithful in doing our duty.
Nobody has suggested that we should throw the bums out.  It is too late for
that.

John W. Redelfs                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"It may be, for instance, that nothing except the power of
faith and the authority of the priesthood can save
individuals and congregations from the atomic holocausts
that surely shall be."  --Bruce R. McConkie